Friday, July 10, 2009

Cinematic Videos VS Many Simple Videos?


{PLEASE CHECK OUT THE VIDEO & COMMENT}

After the untimely death of Micheal Jackson, I started to looked back on all his videos I used to watch when I was younger. I remember being afraid when THRILLER first came out. Sitting with my family when BLACK OR WHITE premiered, and just talking to family and friends about how big a deal it was to see SCREAM with his sister Janet. It was a time when videos were so CINEMATIC!

As MJ started moving away from the music industry and downloading music has been taken away money from artist, video quality has become less & less. Yet now with Beyonce at the helm, artist are looking at creating smaller budget videos for every song on there album, and use them as a way to bring up album sells in re-releases. Even Day26 is put out 6 videos for there FOREVER IN A DAY album!

AS FANS, WHAT DO YOU PREFER?
CINEMATIC VIDEOS OR MANY SIMPLE VIDEOS?

1 comment:

Acoustic Soul said...

Hmm . . .good question man. I'll say I'm glad that "Bad Boy Entertainment" ain't as big as it used to be. I think they are the one's who killed the music video. all their videos were just parties. All you saw were people partying in every video, but I digress.

Big production vs simplistic
I'll say it all depends on the song itself. Could you possibly imagine a Thriller video being anything other than what it was. That type of song had to have a big video because it truly told a story.

Then you have songs such as "Halo". That is a really pretty song and I think the video goes along nicely. There are parts of the video that crack me up because it makes no sense, but you didn't ask that.

I think in a nutshell, if artist could take their time to make music that would stand the test of time, they should make their video do the same.