Wednesday, December 26, 2007

merry christmas!


My Friends and I went to go see Jay on Christmas Day. I was really excited because they said that his surgery was a success and he was able to talk again. Once we got there, they told us that they was changing him and getting some blood work done, so we had to wait. I know it's a waiting room, but come on! So I snuck out and tried to find his room. Thank goodness he was done. I smiled when I saw him. 

All I was thinking in my head was what I shouldn't talk about. Don't ask him "How you feeling?" or "What have you been up to?" or even "Are you enjoying Christmas?" Either way, he probably would have had a smart remark back at me anyway! I told him what was going on with me. He told me how when he was in a coma it just felt like he just sleep for one night, even though a week passed by. He  also said he was really weak and it takes a lot of energy for him to talk so we had to keep it short. Fuzzy had a Christmas Party and I videotaped it so that he could see it. We all left personal messages to him wishing him a speedy recovery. I opted to not show him since he wasn't feeling to good. I can just wait until he gets better. Love you Jay!

Fuzzy's Christmas party was so much fun! The food was amazing, the turnout of people was really good. I got tipsy again... and started dancing in the middle of the floor. Why can't I just sit down and laugh like everyone else when I'm feeling it? After spinning around like a lunatic, I took a nap upstairs and felt much better when I got up. I was able to get some of my friends gifts, we all exchanged them there. That was nice, and funny to say the least. We played games, it was very family oriented... nothing like last year's Christmas party! While I love strippers and whip cream like the next gay man, it felt good that we could still have a good time without all the sexual antics.

Christmas Eve, a couple of my friends went out for dinner. We had so much fun just talking, laughing and getting to know each other better. Then we went back to my house to watch Noah's Arc on DVD. As soon as the clock struck 12, why did everyone go into a tickling frenzy? LOL! Poor Omar. Everybody spent the night, and we all had breakfast Christmas Morning! Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Grits, hash browns... all while watching A Christmas Story! This was honestly one of my Best Christmas'. God gave me exactly what I wanted... to spend time with "family."

Of course I still saw my actual family, but honestly, over the years it just doesn't feel the same. I love my Grandmother, Mom and sister a great deal, but as with the rest of the family, everybody is always so distant. I found out my cousin is having a girl soon, which is nice. I mean somebody has to keep the family going, lol. I still enjoyed myself. After that, we went over another one of our friend's house and watched Dream Girls and headed back home.

Sucks that I am at work now. (while everyone gets to lounge in my household, lol.)

Last week was a fun-filled and creative week for me at work. Did I just say that? Over the past couple of months I have been bored out of my mind! Yet last week a client came and he wants us to come up with his entire marketing and design projects for his Wine Distribution Company. He imports wine from Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, and the photography is so amazing! I designed the hell out of these business cards, brochures and media kits! It's elegant, cultural, creative and simple. Just what the client wanted... and what I needed! If I did another lame project, I would have died! I haven't been excited about designing in awhile so I'm glad it turned out good. Hopefully the client likes, heck, I know he will! I'm just that good!

I have also been doing a lot of freelance work, which allocated me with some extra cash! Man it feels good to get payed for your talent! I used some of the money to do some Christmas Shopping. Let me tell you guys about the back story to this. (without going into to much detail and calling any of my friends out)

My group of friends was suppose to do a "Secret Santa." There is close to 12 of us. It just made sense since everyone would get a gift and we didn't have to pay a lot of money. So at first we was going to pull the names at my Holiday Kickoff, but everyone wasn't there. Then we was going to use a website to do it, then it became complicated...

Man I want to use the "No Sugar" rule, but instead I will just say this:

1) I believe that Christmas should be a joyous occasion that includes everyone.
2) The spirit of giving should not just be for people you know, but people you don't know.
3) Lack of money and lack of ambition to find a gift should not hold you back from giving anything you can.

So I called off the "Secret Santa." People were pissed. People were confused. I knew that some how I had to find a way to bring the Christmas spirit back! So I decided to bring "Mr. Santa" into the mix. I told everyone in a text that nobody had to get anyone a gift and that Mr. Santa" would get EVERYONE on the list a GIFT. Merry Christmas!

So now this brings me back to "Mr Santa's" Christmas shopping. Who knew one could get everything in two mall days? "Santa" was determined! As for me, I have already bought gifts for my family and the people that are closest to me. I love getting gifts because, even if I am just spending less money, It will always have meaning and personality in it. It shouldn't be about how much money you spend on somebody, but the thought behind it. So I'm happy and I hope that my friends are happy to... especially since "Santa didn't have to get you shit!"

:)

Sadly though, the week before Christmas I had to move out of my house.

My mother told me that she had good news and bad news. I hate these kind of conversations. The good news was that I was going to be getting new windows for my apartment! I was so happy about that because new windows mean I can keep the cold out and the warmth in. The bad news was, I have to pack all my stuff by Monday and find a place to stay for an entire week. So I spent one day packing my personal belongings that I didn't want stolen. I packed a bag of clothes for work. I MOVED furniture out of the way so that they can work. When I got back I had to put everything back in its place! I changed it up a little, and it looks pretty fly now!

I didn't really know what I wanted for Christmas but was appreciative of the gifts I did receive. I remember years ago that if I didn't get what I wanted I would get into this whole fit, but as I get older I have learned to curb that feeling. It is hard when we live in a commercial society, but if I want to be a person who wants to loving and giving, then I shouldn't get mad if I don't get anything in return or get a gift I don't like. I mean they didn't have to give me shit, lol.

What's funny is I did post a Christmas list down on this blog but took it down. Only person that saw it was Jay.

Enough about me. Why did one of my co worker's friends jump out of a car and into a river this last week? I am so feeling Janet's new song. I think I'm going to be taking dance lessons next year. I bought 2 Fitteds for 22 bucks the other day. I bought some sneakers and one of them was the wrong size. I need another haircut, but I'm trying not to get all crazy about it this time! Omar makes the best Corn cornbread. I'm not upset over Tyson anymore, and putting it in God's hands. I am annoyed that there are two many secrets and not enough communication. I am glad my exercising is coming along well. I kinda like having Junior around. Why was I so horny the other day that I became dizzy? Why did the bus break down twice in the past two days? I hate paying bills. Why don't more people comment on my videos? I love Craig David, but his newest album sucks. Yet he does look better though! I don't really need a sidekick LX. I am mad I didn't get to see Dirty Laundry, then they pull it out of New York! Bow Wow and Omarion are so gay, and I love it! What is this about Raz B getting molested? Me and my mother tried to get a new dog before Christmas...

that didn't happen! I miss TJ. sigh. Let me get back to work... 


9 comments:

Jay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Playboy Adonis said...

Shawn, reads like you have a lot on your mind. Glad to see that your friend is in better condition...wow...

I'm thinking about getting a little puppy too.

Anonymous said...

Bow wow and Omarion R SOOOOOOO GAYYY..lol. Its cute they made an album as a couple..they get to spend more time with each other...lol. and glad u had a good xmas. dont know Jay but he still in my prayers.

Darius T. Williams said...

man am I glad u had a great christmas. u have been thru a lot this year and it looks like santa is repaying u for not being naughty. keep ya head up about jay. you're a great guy shawn...may your 2008 shock the hell outta u in more than one way!

ps...I'm thinking about moving back to nj.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing worse than being bored at your job. I am glad that you got an interesting assignment.

I am even more excited about your friend, Jay, being in a better state. You are a good friend Shawn.

Unconquerable Soul said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday. I'm still praying for Jay. I know he will prevail!

I hope my little items are interesting for you, LOL!

Have a great New Year!

fuzzy said...

ahhhh yes, last Christmas... I was very satisfied with how everything played out...

Santa was sooo good to me this year, THANKS TO SANTA!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

RocaFella07 said...

Ummm where was MY Incredibly Delicious Christmas breakfast!?!?!? LOL!!

I'm glad to hear that you had a good holiday, and that your friend is doing better.

I'm still waiting on the breakfast! LMAO!

;-)

iii said...

Like the Video Blog.... Happy New Year!