Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Looking Fly!


"Taken on my Sidekick 3 at work today at my Desk"

So today I decided to dress up. Reason being... my job is trying to give off a more corporate look, so from time to time, I have to do it up. But the "real" reason is now that I am taken the bus to work, I am more in the public eye. As much as I don't want to believe it, people read my blog, and recognize me on the street. Sometimes, I am not in the best "ShawnQt" attire. I mean, I'm human.

So I wore on a shirt & tie. I put on some Usher Colgne (Thanks Reggie) and I was feeling good, and looking fly! Now the interesting thing I noticed is that, people I don't even know always want to start a conversation with me. One lady on the bus was asking me about my sidekick. Then coming down the street, someone asked me for the time. Then another asked me for change. Sure I'm a friendly guy, but why don't I always get this kind of attention? I had a suit and tie, nuff said.

At work, clients were talking to me very differently. Wanting to crack jokes with me, telling me there life story. It was like I was somebody else. Then of course my coworkers are like, look at you, do you have a meeting or court today? Can't a brotha just want to look nice? Gheesh!

I do like the attention, what can I say. Hopefully today on the way home, somebody will spot me and be like, "Wow, look that is ShawnQt, the blogger, isn't he fine.

" Yes Fellas, I am... I am!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a QT. I like that combo you're sporting.

ponoono said...

i dun think ppl ask u for change cuz u look fly.. they ask cuz u look like money :)

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

can i get $5

Anonymous said...

Despite what somepeople may say, people do respond to you by how you are dressed. If you dress like money they will treat you like your important especially in a place of business.

Jersey Brotha said...

I second Mr.'s statement. It's very true!

Lyrically speaking said...

I heard that Usher cologne smells good, you are too photogenic for your own damn good, lol...GQ all the way

Rodney said...

Yes! Yes! That's what I'm talkin 'bout! Dress up every day.

Anonymous said...

I hate dressing nice for work. Just pay me my money and shut the hell up!

Ty said...

Attention whore!!! lol

BuddahDesmond said...

I agree with Lyrically Speaking. LOL!

"Can't a brotha just look nice?" My sentiments exactly. Our dress code at work is business casual (YAWN) and every so often I go above and beyond the call of duty. And when I do, some of the same things happen to me.

Like Mr said, there does seem to be a connection between they way you present yourself and how people treat you. People don't want to admit it but this is very true.